Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Untamed...The Prehistoric.../published in the Greenleaf

With fast-paced, rapid change in technology, many educators including myself are caught off-guard and tongue-tied, oftentimes. In a world where the web is not just for spiders, where a folder is not just for papers, where mouse doesn't have tail and is merely left alone by cats because in the first place they can't eat it, and surfing means you have to stay at home or in an air-conditioned room...teachers, many teachers are usually regarded as somewhat pre-historic and untamed by the young generation. This is not a joke but a fact of life. And does it not ring a bell?

Once I went to attend a training with a handful of eager teachers. There I met a guy, an old guy--Mr. P_. Wearing well-pressed black trousers and pink polo shirt, Mr P_ went inside the air-conditioned room. He pulled a chair and sat in front of a PC right at the center isle of the training room. He looked around. He saw me and some of the other guys. He smiled at me and I returned the favor. And so the training began and out came the lecturer firing words ala AK-47... to be continued

No comments: